CCIE Assault – Part 1
Im currently working on my plan of attack on the CCIE R&S and I need some advice. I finally finished my CCNP in June after years of putting it off (I first got my CCNA in 2001!), and now I am trying to determine the best course of action moving forward.
So far my plan is this:
- Buy CCIE Written Certification Guide – Check!
- Improve my Skills in QoS, BGP and MPLS – Sit each of the CCIP exams associated with these subjects as confirmation of understanding of the base knowledge.
- Review each major section of the CCIE R&S Blueprint, and read books from the CCIE Recommended Reading list.
- Purchase IP Expert (At this stage) self study package and study from the video and audio material
- Sit CCIE Written
- Continue deeper study of each topic from the Blueprint
- Work through practice lab exams from IP Expert and other online sources
- Book and Sit Lab exam
- Repeat #8 until I pass!
So does the above plan sound reasonable? Should I attempt the written exam earlier and spend more time focusing on the lab preparation? Are there other resources that you have found worked well for you? Should I alter some of these steps?
Let me know your thoughts.